There are many ways of saving your hard earned money, some are so simple that you often ignore them. One such area is household supplies and cleaning agents. The supermarket shelves are rife with umpteen brands competing with each other to catch your eye. Each brand claims it is the best and most effective. But those on a budget can take heart that you really don’t need all this expensive stuff to maintain a clean house. Just plain soap and water can be used for almost all kinds of cleaning in the house. Here are a few tips on how you can save money on cleaning supplies.
- Buy store brands: Don’t get stuck on brands; almost all cleaners have the same ingredients and they are way cheaper than branded stuff. Compare brands and buy the most economical.
- Use Coupons: There is no shame in buying household goods using coupons; in fact, if anything that is what a smart saver will do. Invariably a manufacturer’s website will have coupons to entice customers. You can also check out https://couponobox.com/ for coupons on a variety of products.
- Buy in bulk: Whenever you find a product to be on sale buy in bulk. Most often all cleaners have a long shelf life and there is no harm in purchasing them and keeping.
- Make your own cleaners: Vinegar and baking soda are a great combination for cleaning most household goods. Lemon is another excellent cleaner with bleaching ability. Making your own cleaners is very cost effective.
- Choose multipurpose cleaners: Even though there is a cleaner for practically everything, the base ingredient in all of them is the same and hence the same cleaner can be used for a wide variety of jobs. It is best therefore to choose a multipurpose cleaner.
- Use reusable cleaners: Items like mops and clothes for dusting can be reused. You can also use old t-shirts and towels which you don’t use anymore for cleaning.